It is often believed that breast pumps are designed to unleash a lot of benefits.
Without any further argument, breast pumps have helped many moms to handle issues concerning feeding their babies. However, it is evident that these pumps also have some limitations or side effects as well.
If you are a parent that wants to make a balance between outdoor tasks and home along with feeding your newborn, you’ll understand better of the nagging problems attached to this process.
Are you a working mother and trying to feed your newborn at the same time? Without any scintilla of doubt, using breast pumps is never an easy task.
Let’s explore some breast pump side effects they don’t want you to know. Simply read this article and have all the information on a platter.
1. Using breast pumps come with a physiological side effect. There can be interference in the generation of milk when using breast pumps.
Irrespective of the sophisticated and classic technology that operates a breast pump, it can never be the same when compared to the newborn’s suckling. If your newborn is not allowed to latch on, then be ready to experience reduced milk production.
2. Another side effect of using breast pumps comes from the emotional angle. Do you know that a breast pump cannot replace the efficiency that a mother offers the newborn?
It is true that breast pumps can help the development and growth of the baby, but cannot be effective in feeding directly from the mother.
It will not exchange the mom-newborn bond that occurs during breastfeeding.
3. Practical side effects should not be ignored when talking about the use of breast pumps. Many people usually think that a breast pump can resolve all the complications attached to feeding a newborn.
The truth remains that breast pumps may not be accepted or approved for use in certain locations. Certain workplace environments may prohibit the use of breast pumps, leading to further discomfort both the baby and mother.
Not being able to store or save milk for later use is another huge practical problem affecting the use of breast pump. It is a strenuous task to tote with the kit of a breast pump everywhere you go. Using breast pumps will make you concentrate more on the device than the newborn.
4. When a manual breast pump, your newborn will not be able to get enough of the milk. The mother’s milk production level will be greatly affected by using manual breast pumps. It implies that a pump will not make the mother of a newborn produce enough to satisfy the baby.
5. Freedom and liberty remain the biggest negative side effect of breast pumps. To have some sound sleep or even read will become a huge problem for breastfeeding moms. There is every possibility that the mother of the newborn will not be able to get so much accomplished throughout the day by using a pump. Breast pumps can easily affect the focus and concentration of working moms.
6. Naturally feeding a baby will lead to a complete emptiness of the process. This means that the baby will get milk direct from the major source. In the case of a breast pump, you will always experience non-effective emptiness. Remember that the digestive system of the child will also develop as the newborn grow. The growth process of a newborn often requires more milk, which breast pumps cannot guarantee.
7. The cost of purchasing breast pumps can be slightly expensive and some moms may not be able to afford it. Apart from the expensive cost, breast pumps often lead decline milk production for babies. If you are unable to buy a breast pump, then it should not be necessary for feeding your baby. In fact, it is clear that the connection between a newborn and the mother can be lost by using a breast pump.
8. Breast pumps are not natural protective and securitized mechanism for babies, while mother’s feeding processes can always be.
9. When using a breast pump, your newborn will only have to be filled through the standard measurement of the bottle. When mothers feed their babies directly from the breast, it will enable the newborn to be filled as they wish.
A breast pump does not have the capability to stimulate the mother’s breast. This means that a mom cannot be protected from another pregnancy when using breast pumps. Breast pumps cannot also protect or guide a breastfeeding mother from cancer attacks.
10. Using breast pumps remains an endless regimen of sanitizing and washing nipples and bottles.
Cleaning the parts of a breast pump can even cause the mother of the newborn to break down. Breast pumps often lead to a total isolation from the environment during baby’s feeding period. The time to fill pumps is consuming at the same time.
In fact, you have to get your baby to someone before it can be possible to fill breast pumps. It is important to know that most breast pumps are heavy.
This means that carting breast pumps around may be a tedious task. Remember that refrigerating the content of what you pump is highly important.
Tips For Avoiding The Side Effects Of Using A Breast Pump:
- Following your doctor’s recommendations is the first precaution to take
- It is advisable to rather use an electric breast pump rather than the manual option. It may help to prevent certain nagging health and environmental complications
- Ensure not to make a breast pump a necessity if you cannot afford it
- Break the continuous dependence on breast pumps
Wrapping it Up
Aside from the side effects of using a breast pump that we’ve covered, ensure to take seriously the factor of contamination.
Since the milk is not reaching the newborn directly from the breast, there’s every possibility for fungi, bacteria, or virus to get into the process.
Thawing and freezing can help to kill any environmental contamination from breast pumps. Using the tips above and regularly contacting your medical expert will help to overcome the negations attached to breast pumps.